Last updated on 13 February 2020
3. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1 ED collects your personal information only for inter alia the following purposes:
- to enable your access to and use of the Falkor Platform and generally, to enable ED to provide the services;
- to communicate with you in relation to your subscription to and/or use of the Falkor Platform or other services by ED;
- to improve and further develop the Falkor Platform and to provide enhanced or geographically and demographically differentiated features to users of the Falkor Platform;
- to provide customer support in relation to the Falkor Platform and to assist in diagnosing network congestions and problems with ED’s server and otherwise to assist in the administration and delivery of the Falkor Platform to users thereof;
- to perform data analytics;
- to conduct marketing and sales activities;
- to operate, evaluate and improve ED’s business;
- to verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities and manage risk exposure and quality; and
- in connection with any legal proceedings
3.2 The type of information that ED may collect from you for the purposes above may include (but not be limited to) the following:
- contact information such as your name, phone and fax number, email and physical addresses;
- information relating to your age and gender;
- company information such as your company name, registration number, registered addresses;
- information relating to your access to and use of the Falkor Platform including names and passwords for user access, user permissions and privileges; and
- information that you publish on the Falkor Platform.
3.3 In addition to the personal information that you provide to ED:
The information collected by ED will only be retained by ED for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected unless as otherwise required by law.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 ED may share your personal information with its marketing and business partners, service providers involved in the delivery of the services to you and/or service providers tasked with the storage and/or safekeeping of your information, including information published on the Falkor Platform. The sharing of your personal information may necessitate the transfer of your information across foreign borders and ED shall, in this event, comply with the requirements of the Act for the transfer of personal information across borders.
Personal information may also be disclosed by ED in instances where ED is required by law or court order to disclose such information or in the event that the disclosure of such information is, in ED’s sole discretion, necessary to protect its rights.
4.2 To the extent permissible under the applicable laws, each user of the Falkor platform hereby consents to and grants to the Licensor (ED) and each of its subscribers which have signed up the Falkor platform and/or to any of the Licensor’s platforms, solely for the duration of such period, a limited right to collect, use and obtain the user’s data solely for a related business purpose.
The Licensor may not disclose, sell, sub-license or otherwise transfer the date of the user to any third party that is not a subscriber and other than for the purpose of the above clause.
5. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 ED understands the value of your personal information and therefore, takes all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access or use, misuse, loss or interference and will, on an ongoing basis, review its security controls and related processes to ensure the continued integrity and confidentiality of your personal information. The same standards are imposed upon third parties to whom your personal information is shared by ED to ensure that they likewise maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information.
6. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
6.1 You may request confirmation as to whether ED holds any of your personal information and/or a record of the personal information held by ED. To request confirmation as to whether we hold any of your personal information or to request a record of your personal information, written request may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 You may also, at any time, request that ED update, correct or delete any part or all of your personal information by submitting a written request to ED at email@example.com.